Harvest House, a nonprofit organization, is dedicated to the premise that all people deserve safe, stable housing and the opportunity to renew their hope and dream again. As a pioneer in the transitional and permanent housing movement, we are the only organization in Sarasota to participate in the development, preservation, and management of affordable, service-enriched housing. This model is becoming the standard for serving families and individuals who are working to rebuild their lives. We believe that affordable housing and supportive programs improve the economic status of residents, revitalize neighborhoods, and stabilize lives.
We serve a variety of populations with residential programs for families, veterans, and unaccompanied youth who are homeless, and individuals with a history of homelessness, substance abuse and incarceration.
Our mission is to champion hope and transform lives by revitalizing neighborhoods and providing service-enriched housing programs.
Our vision is to ignite a revolution, compelling individuals to live beyond fear into their best life, fulfilling their destiny. Here, participants will move from FEAR & ANXIETY to CONFIDENCE & FREEDOM. We want to be the last transitional center an individual or family ever enters.
Our culture is centered on the following:
- Address the underlying issues of substance abuse and homelessness through safe, sober facilities; sound treatment; and innovative programs.
- We place a very strong focus on the BODY, MIND, and SPIRIT.
- Provide participants the tools to cope and heal from areas of pain in their life by re-establishing faith, hope, and love, which will assist in breaking the cycle of addiction.
- Create an atmosphere in which each participant will have the opportunity to achieve residential stability, increase their skill level, and obtain a greater understanding of their strengths and purpose.
- Engage participants using case management & individualized treatment plans based on shared responsibility & accountability.
- Provide each participant with a range of supportive services that will instill physical and mental wellbeing, a sense of belonging and a desire to lead a productive life.
- Treat all participants with respect as we instill a sense of pride and ownership.
- Collaborate with community-based partnerships to engage the hard to reach individuals, giving help to all who want it and are willing to actively engage.
- Maintain financial strength and stability through prudent business decisions and sound operations.
- Practice the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
- Be a positive influence and a responsible nonprofit service provider in the communities we serve.
- Maintain our focus of serving people.